September 25, 2023 - September 27, 2023
12:00 am - 11:00 pm
Venue: To Be Determined
This is a combination course that combines three of our popular courses into one three-day course; PROFIBUS Troubleshooting and Maintenance, Certified PROFIBUS Installer, EMC Awareness for Industrial Automation.
Learn the skills to understand PROFIBUS DP and PA concepts, components, cabling, and be able to find, analyze and solve problems in PROFIBUS installations. Get hands-on experience with the latest PROFIBUS troubleshooting tools including, the all-in-one troubleshooting tool ProfiTrace 2 with Scopeware, and the permanent network monitor COMBRICKS.
This course meets all the requirements of the Certified PROFIBUS Installers course. The course ends with a written and practical test. Successful students will be certified by PROFIBUS and PROFINET International as a Certified PROFIBUS Installer.
With the increased use of variable frequency drives (VFD) and other switching devices, the overall Electro-magnetic interference (EMI) in plants has been increasing. This increase has caused many electro-magnetic compatibility (EMC) issues in both Automation system and in particular the communication systems that join automation components together.
This course aims to raise awareness of the issues, the theory behind them, and how to ensure that the design and installation of Industrial Automation systems can reduce the likelihood of Electro-Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) related issues in the future.
Upon completion of this course, the student shall be able to:
- Have an understanding of PROFIBUS concepts, components, and cabling
- Find, analyze, and solve PROFIBUS installation problems
- Use troubleshooting and maintenance tools
- Understand how VFD basically work and the issues around them
- Know how a basic grounding system works
- Know the proper installation methods to mitigate against EMC issues
- Understand how to use the basic tools to test for EMC issues
- What is PROFIBUS DP
- The different physical layers (RS-485 and MBP)
- Cabling techniques
- Grounding and shielding
- DP/PA segment couplers, repeaters and OLMs
- Diagnostic message
- Fault finding strategies
- Measurement tools
- What a good network looks like
- Common errors on DP
- Common errors on PA
- Permanent monitoring
- Setting up a PROFIBUS master and slave
- Diagnostic message
- Common troubleshooting methods