Updated from last year with new and better “technical journals.”
Whenever I think of spending some downtime without the daily pressures of work, I think of Star Trek, especially “The Trouble with Tribbles.” You remember the scene – Chief Engineer Scotty is confined to quarters after starting a bar room brawl with some Klingons. He thanks the captain because now he can catch up on his technical journals. In case you don’t remember:
So, while you are “confined to quarters,” here are some suggested “technical journals” to review:
- Take one-minute doses of PROFINET with MinutePROFINET.
- News from last month’s SPS/IPC/Drives Fair.
- Read the latest PROFINEWS (and subscribe).
- For a real technical read about PROFINET, try the System Description: PROFINET Technology and Application.
- Take a leisurely stroll around www.us.profinet.com.
- Or, for the truly dedicated: download the free eBook Catching the Process Fieldbus. But wait there’s more, Industrial Communication with PROFINET eBook (free for PI members only).
I hope you will spend some of your downtime in other enjoyable pursuits. So, Happy Downtime and see you back here next year.