This guideline describes the passive infrastructure of PROFINET Networks specified in the IEC 61918 (CDV) and IEC 61784-5-3 (CDV) inside and between the automation islands.
To fulfill industrial requirements, the industrial installation has to work in industrial environments. This PROFINET guideline describes connectors and cables. Compatibility of PROFINET components is necessary to enable easy planning and installation.
This Guideline describes the specification for:
- Connectors, cables, cordsets and other passive network components (e.g. Bulkheads) for PROFINET Data (Optical Fibre and balanced cabling for PROFINET communication)
- Connectors, cables and other passive network components (e.g. T-pieces) for PROFINET 24 Volt power supply
- Connectors and other passive network components (e.g. T-pieces) for PROFINET 400 Volt Power distribution bus
- Device Integration of PROFINET connectors
- Test procedure for the End-to-End link
This Guideline describes the test specification for:
- Connectors, cables, cordsets and other passive network components (e.g. Bulkhead) for PROFINET (Optical fiber and balanced cabling for PROFINET communication)
This PROFINET guideline is intended to be used by manufacturers of PROFINET cables, connectors, and devices.
By downloading this document you are agreeing to the terms of the License for supply of Specification.
To view this resource, please fill out the form.
Been Here Before?
Enter your email address here to autofill the form.