PROFINET is the Industrial Ethernet solution created by PROFIBUS and PROFINET International (PI). Ethernet is the most popular communication medium for creating networks worldwide. The roles and specifications of these two technologies often cause confusion. This White Paper will help clear any doubts by explaining the difference between Ethernet and PROFINET. Also, it will expand on their roles in automation applications.
Table of Contents
- Background Information: The ISO/OSI Model
- The Difference Between Ethernet and PROFINET.
- What is Ethernet?
- What is PROFINET?
- PROFINET vs. Ethernet
- PROFINET and Ethernet FAQ
- Is PROFINET… Ethernet?
- Can PROFINET networks use standard Ethernet hardware?
- Can PROFINET and Ethernet employ the same switch?
To view this resource, please fill out the form.
Been Here Before?
Enter your email address here to autofill the form.