PROFINET has core functionality that defines how data is transferred within a network. This relies on basic Ethernet standards such as TCP, UDP, DHCP, SNMP, LLDP, IP, and MRP. To this core functionality are added a set of options which deliver the full Industrial Ethernet experience. The basic industrial automation services are TCP/UDP IP, for general data transfer; PROFINET real time (RT) for a broad range of IO applications including drives; and PROFINET isochronous real time (IRT), for advanced motion control.
The precise combination of functions used is up to the designer/developer and this provides considerable flexibility in device or system supply. PI & member organizations offer support and consultation:
- Seminars, Workshops, Certification Classes
- Development Packages for PROFINET Field Devices and Controllers
- Fundamentals, Engineering, and Support
- Worldwide and local service from PI
- Test Labs can give upfront guidance about the mandatory certification processes
For Certified and Free training in your area: