February 7, 2022 - February 10, 2022
Peterborough , ON K9J 6Y3 Canada
Robust and reliable networks all begin with great system design. Learn system design techniques following a top- down approach. This course will enable you to design a system that is reliable, maintainable, expandible, and minimizes the impact of control system or network failures. The course will also cover the use of network monitoring devices for fast fault and failure notification.
Case studies and examples from manufacturing, process plants, water treatment plants, material handling, and automated sorting, storage and retrieval systems are used in this course to provide you with real-world application experience.
The course ends with a written theory test. Successful students will be certified by PROFIBUS and PROFINET International as a Certified PROFIBUS System Designer.
Upon completion of this course, the student shall be able to:
- Understand the many trade-offs in designing a system.
- Be able to calculate the network availability.
- Understand the importance of network monitoring.
- Design a reliable PROFIBUS and PROFINET network
- General system design requirements
- The control system lifecycle
- PROFIBUS and PROFINET network layout and design
- PROFIBUS and PROFINET network architectures
- PROFIBUS and PROFINET profiles
- Hazardous areas
- Redundancy and high availability systems
- Fiber optics, infrared, and wireless
- Safety related systems
- Control system and network timing
- Isochronous cycle timing
- Modern solutions for network monitoring
- Documentation and drawing standards
USA Students Welcome!