April 27, 2020 - May 1, 2020
Peterborough , ON K9J 6Y3 Canada
How do I design a PROFINET network? How does it work? How do I install it? How do I configure it? How would I troubleshoot it? If you are asking yourself these questions, then this course is for you!
This is an intense and detailed course on how to design, install, commission, and troubleshoot a PROFINET network. Besides discussing practical installation issues, it also gets right down to the protocol/packet level and includes detailed information on the bus parameters. The students will have many opportunities to work with the equipment as with over 20 labs over the week.
Both the course and the instructor have been certified by PROFIBUS & PROFINET International which guarantees high-quality training. The course ends with both a written and practical test. Successful students will have their names listed on the PROFINET website as a Certified PROFINET Network Engineer and a Certified PROFINET Installer.
Theory Topics Covered:
- Introduction to Industrial Ethernet
- OSI 7-layer model
- Ethernet Protocols
- Hubs, switches, routers, and firewalls
- Network design
- Physical layer and installation
- Device model and Profiles
- Setting up a PROFINET project
- PROFINET Theory
- Acyclic communications
- Diagnostic model
- Fault finding strategies
- Measurement tools (Wireshark)
- IP addresses and ping
- Wiring lab
- Setting up a switch
- Configuring a PROFINET network
- Diagnostics lab
- Using Wireshark and other troubleshooting tools
Upon completion of this course, students shall be able to:
- Design a PROFINET network
- Install and set up a PROFINET network
- Set up a basic switch and router
- Decode a PROFINET packet and understand how the protocol works
- Understand the basic bus parameters
- Troubleshoot common and uncommon problems
USA Students Welcome!