Updated from last year with new and better “technical journals” and with a new addition about Industrie 4.0 and the Industrial Internet of Things.
Whenever I think of spending some downtime without the daily pressures of work, I think of Star Trek, especially “The Trouble with Tribbles.” You remember the scene – Chief Engineer Scotty is confined to quarters after starting a bar room brawl with some Klingons. He thanks the captain because now he can catch up on his technical journals. In case you don’t remember:
So, while you are “confined to quarters,” here are some suggested “technical journals” to review:
- Take one-minute doses of PROFINET with MinutePROFINET.
- News from last month’s SPS/IPC/Drives Fair.
- Read the latest PROFINEWS (and subscribe).
- For a real technical read about PROFINET, try the System Description: PROFINET Technology and Application.
- Take a leisurely stroll around www.us.profinet.com.
- Or, for the truly dedicated: download the free eBook Catching the Process Fieldbus. But wait there’s more, Industrial Communication with PROFINET eBook (free for PI members only).
For Industrie 4.0 and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and their logical corollary, PROFINET of Things, try these resources:
- Four MinutePROFINET videos
- From Automation World’s IIoT Review
- Standards and Protocols for the Industrial Internet of Things
- The Industrial Internet of Things Is All About the Data
- Network of the Future
- The Internet of Things in Reverse
- The Continuing, Critical Role of Industrial Ethernet
- Asset Management to the Last Device
- How the Convergence of IT and OT Impacts Engineers
- PROFINEWS IIoT articles
- PROFIblog IIoT posts
I hope you will spend some of your downtime in other enjoyable pursuits. So, Happy Downtime and see you back here next year.