In 2012, we corralled an impressive array of speakers on topics of general interest to manufacturers. We followed this with PROFINET-specific user stories. This year, ARC has already corralled the speakers on general topics, so we are piggybacking on those speakers with our own PROFINET speakers.
The ARC theme is the Information Driven Enterprise. PROFINET enables that by driving the Manufacturing Renaissance. The resurgence of manufacturing in North America is partially fueled by technology – automation technology. And part of that automation technology is the network. We used to think of features as residing in automation devices like PLCs and IO. They still do of course, but the PROFINET network itself is feature laden.
Yes, features of the PROFINET network itself provide the functions you need today like simple IO connectivity… and some you might not need yet – future productivity enhancers like:
- Comprehensive diagnostics for improved uptime
- Functional safety to economically provide a safe environment for man and machine
- Incorporation of drives for higher throughput.
All this on one network, PROFINET, driving the Manufacturing Renaissance.
Speakers in the PROFINET track include:
- Bernie Anger, General Manager, GE Intelligent Platforms
- Raj Batra, President, Siemens Industry
- Mike Rothwell, Executive Director, Phoenix Contact
- Raimund Sommer, Managing Director, Endress+Hauser
- Michael Bryant, Executive Director, PI North America
- David Greenfield, Editor-in-Chief, Automation World magazine, moderator of panel discussion
- End users, System Integrators, and OEMs from the automotive, aviation, oil & gas, and water wastewater industries
Visit the ARC Forum website to view the whole agenda and our Thursday morning session agenda.