Balluff introduces analog I/O for IO-Link


Balluff introduces analog I/O for IO-Link

IO-Link Analog PlugFlorence, KY (February 23, 2011): In most typical industrial I/O applications, 90% of the I/O count is discrete, leaving 10% of the I/O as analog.  Most engineers have cost effective means to gather their discrete I/O, but the analog points add a level of difficulty.  Balluff’s line of IO-Link Analog Plugs provides a means to easily integrate analog I/O at an overall cost savings.  By placing the IP67 Analog Plug between the standard analog field device and the Balluff IO-Link Master/Proxy, the plug converts the analog signal to a 14 bit resolution IO-Link signal, thus eliminating the need for an expensive multi-channel stand-alone IP67 or IP20 analog module.  Further cost savings can be found by reducing the length of shielded cable, which is dependent on the grounding solution.

 


Most analog applications are covered with this offering of Analog Plugs, input and output versions are available in 4-20 m