· Local events designed to give technology and business leaders test drives of new wave of technology
· Emerging technologies provide market advantage and risk avoidance
· Cloud-based collaborative automation solution enables a totally new user experience
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA — JUNE 12, 2012—GE Intelligent Platforms (NYSE: GE) today announced the successful launch of its “Innovative Showcase: The Future of the Industrial Revolution Begins Here” event series. With dates in more than 60 locations in North America, Europe and China, the Showcase is designed to unveil the company’s revolutionary new automation solutions.
“We are changing what is possible in the world of automation with the launch of innovative new
PROFINET-enabled PACSystems Controller and I/O solutions,” said Bernie Anger, General Manager of GE Intelligent Platforms Control & Communication Systems business. “These new offerings provide market advantage and risk avoidance so critical in today’s competitive environment."
The Innovation Showcase agenda includes executive insights, live Application Engineer-led demos, hands-on programming labs and the grand unveiling of GE Intelligent Platforms’ latest new product introductions including:
· The innovative new PROFINET-enabled PACSystems RXi controller, Industrial PC and Intelligent Display Module
· The popular RX3i PACSystems, now available with PROFINET
· New additions to GE’s full line of interoperable network I/O systems
· Industry-leading Proficy® HMI/SCADA CIMPLICITY 8.2 automation software