FSU- Do all devices in route need to be capable of FSU ?

Home Forums PROFINET Forum FSU- Do all devices in route need to be capable of FSU ?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #17605 Reply

Mark Lanier

If you are using a FSU capable device, do all devices in route need to be capable of FSU for the device and FSU function properly. I know it is best practice to have all FSU device inline but is it a necessity? If I have two nodes that I need to disconnect quickly then reattach quickly but I have twelve nodes all together and the net passes thru six to get to the disconnect point do the six that the net passes thru have to be FSU even though they will never be disconnected??

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Kyle McMillan

Hi Mark,

For Fast Startup to work best, the nodes on either side of the disconnect point must both support FSU. However, if you fix the link speed and duplexity on the “upstream” node next to the disconnect point, then only the “downstream” device needs to support FSU explicitly. In any case, disabling auto-negotiation is key to making Fast Startup work.

The other nodes that the PROFINET connection passes through do not have to support FSU as long as they aren’t also being plugged/unplugged.

#17609 Reply

Mark Lanier

Thank you Kyle!, For clarifying that I was having a hard time finding specifics on FSU.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: FSU- Do all devices in route need to be capable of FSU ?

Registration Details