PI North America is currently looking to hire a Technical Marketing Director. This is a full-time position.
The Technical Marketing Director position at PI North America is not your typical ‘marketing director’ position. First, it is a true blend of technical aptitude and marketing chops, with an emphasis on the former. In other words, we’re seeking an engineer who can communicate. Second, PI North America’s marketing efforts eventually help our members sell their products, not products of our own. Therefore, we target at a higher level than the typical sales funnel. Third, because of the technical nature of our offerings, many of our strategies focus on educating and assisting other engineers in our market. Providing training and driving competency are key metrics for our success.
Both a STEM (Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics) background and experience with industrial automation are required from job seekers. Knowledge of PROFIBUS/PROFINET or field networks is desired. We believe in hiring smart people with impeccable communication skills -and then rewarding them for it. If you know someone who fits the bill, read on…
- Scottsdale, AZ
- The Technical Marketing Director creates and executes the PI North America marketing plan in all facets.
- Directly train other engineers on our technologies
- Produce educational collateral for various media
- Explore and manage promotional vehicles to broadcast such collateral
- Interface with existing/potential member companies
- Find creative ways to promote our technologies
- Technical smarts
- Marketing savvy
- Exceptional communication skills
- Industrial automation experience
- PROFIBUS + PROFINET familiarity
- Domestic / International travel: 20%
- Send an email with your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PI North America is a non-profit, member-supported automation organization for fieldbus and Industrial Ethernet, specifically PROFIBUS and PROFINET. It is dedicated to supporting the discrete and process industries in achieving beneficial results using these networks. PI North America also assists device manufacturers in the development and marketing of PROFIBUS and PROFINET products. It is one of 27 regional associations that make up the global PI community. To date, more than 55,000,000 PROFIBUS devices have been installed and the total number of PROFINET devices installed now exceeds 15,000,000. Members of PI North America include vendors of hardware, software and systems as well as end users and operators, scientific institutes, universities, distributors, and system integrators.